Assist. Prof. Donka Keskinova
Phone: 032 / 261 491
Address: 21 Kostaki Peev Street, fl. 1, Plovdiv 4000, Bulgaria
Field of the scientific qualification
Field of the scientific qualification:
Statistics. Methods for Data Processing and Data Analysis
1980-1984 Paissii Hilendarskі University of Plovdiv, Master degree in Mathematics
Occupied lecturer's duties at this stage:
- 2001 - onwards - Assistant Professor in „Sociology (application of statistical methods in sociology" in the Department " Applied and Institutional Sociology", Plovdiv Uiversity
- 2003 - 2006 - Associate Professor of "Business Statistics" at the New Bulgarian University, Center for Distance Learning Plovdiv
• 11.1984 - 08.1988 - A mathematics teacher in vocational schools "Docho Mikhailov" Tervel; School Sports profile, Dobrich, TEE "Georgi Dimitrov", Dobrich
• 11.1988 - 12.1989 - specialist in the United Center in philosophy and Sociology , Plovdiv
• 01.1990 - 03.1990; 07.1991 - 12.1991 - specialist at the Institute of Sociology , BAS
• 01.1993 - 11.1993 - specialist in the Regional Employment Office , Plovdiv
• 11.1993 - 12.1997 - specialist in BBSS Gallup International, RC Plovdiv
• 01.1998 - 12.1998 - specialist in the "Institute of Regional Studies - IRIS" OOD , Plovdiv
• 01.1999 - 05.1999 - specialist in "Balkan Research Centre for Marketing" Ltd. , Plovdiv
• 10.2002 - 03.2005 - Head of " Statistics and data processing ", Scala Agency Ltd. , Sofia
- Member of the "Business Clusters, Networks and Economic Development (BCNED)", Surey Business School, UK
Have a command of languages
Scientific papers and reports:
- Keskinova D., Tchalakov I., 2001. Application of Cluster Analysis When Studying Relationships Between Social Agents, in: Sociological Problems, No.3-4, pp. 36-59, (Publication in Bulgarian - Кескинова, Д., Чалъков, И. Приложение на клъстерния анализ при изследване на отношения между социални актьори).
- Tchalakov I., Keskinova D., 2002. Multiple Correspondence Analysis and its Application in Studying Relationships between Social Actors, in: Sociological Problems, No.1-2, pp.206-225 (Publication in Bulgarian - Кескинова Д., Чалъков Ив. Приложение на клъстерния анализ при изследване на отношения между социални дейци (Типични проблеми и подходи). В сп. Социологически проблеми).
- Vladimirov, S., Mancorova, N., Keskinova, D., 2006. Nature of Network Analysis and Attempt of Its Application in Surgical Dental Treatment, In: Contemporary Stomatology, year ХХХVІІ, book 1, pp.33-43. (Publication in Bulgarian - Същност на мрежовия анализ и опит за приложение в оперативното зъболечение. В сп. Съвременна стоматология).
- Vladimirov, S., Mancorova, N., Keskinova, D., 2006. Factors for post-operative sensitivity in dental caries treatment according to practicing dentists – application of network analysis. In: Folia Medisa, tomus XLVIII, (3&4), 68-73.
- Koleva S., Keskinova D., 2006. The Dialogics in Bulgarian Sociology (During the History of Magazine Sociological Problems), In: World Sociology, Sofia, pp.167-184. (Publication in Bulgarian - "Диалогичността в българската социология (през историята на списание Социологически проблеми)", в Светове в социологията. Сборник в чест на проф. Георги Фотев).
- Hristov I., Tchalakov I., Kuzmanova N., Nikolova N., Keskinova D., 2006. Evaluation of the Existing Expectations and the Consequences from the Implementation of the Changes in the Criminal Law in Bulgaria: Sociological and Legal Analysis, In: European Integration and Law, Ministry of Justice, Book 4, pp.7-60, (publication in Bulgarian - Оценка на съществуващите очаквания и резултатите от влизането в сила на наказателнопроцесуалния кодекс и измененията в наказателния кодекс (социологически и правен анализ). В сп. Европейска интеграция и право).
- Todeva, E., Keskinova, D., 2008. Empirical Investigation of the Blog space: the Case of European Pharmaceuticals. In the Proceedings of: 12th World Multi-Conference on Systemics, Cybernetics & Informatics (WMSCI 2008) and Knowledge Generation, Communication and Management (KGCM 2008), Eds. Callaos, N. et.al., Vol. VII, pp:112-117. International Institute of Informatics and Systemics, USA, ISBN-10: 1-934272-37-X; ISBN-13: 978-1-934272-37-4.
- Todeva E., David K., Keskinova D., 2008. The Complementarity of Clusters Analysis and Network Analysis to Map the Structure of Competencies in Global Information Sector. In: Applications of Social Network Analysis – ASNA 2005, Eds. Serdult U., Taube V., WVB, Germany, 281-298. ISBN 978-3-86573-374-0.
- Todeva, E., Keskinova, D., 2009. Empirical Investigation of the Blog space: the Case of European Pharmaceuticals. In the Proceedings of the 42nd Hawaii International Conference on System Sciences - 2009, IEEE: 978-0-7695-3450-3/09.
- Kopanov, P., Tchalakov, I., Keskinova, D. 2010. Networks Approach in Modelling Sociological Agent as Combination of Non-Determined Stochastic Automata, in: Sociological Problems, Special Issue 2010, pp.222-241
- Rowlinson, M., Harvey, C., Kelly, A., Kestinova D., Morris, H., Todeva, E. 2010. Business History in the UK Research Assessment Exercise, Editorial in: Newsletter №31 on European Business History Association. June 2010.
- Katsarska, M., Keskinova, D. 2011. Student perceptions of English studies in Bulgaria, in: Nordic Journal of English Studies, Vol 10, No1 (2011), http://ojs.ub.gu.se/ojs/index.php/njes/issue/current
- Todeva E., David K., Keskinova D. 2013. The Studies of Blogs and On-line Communities: From Information to Knowledge and Action, in Online Collective Action: Dynamics of the Crowd in Social Media, Springer, ISBN 978-3-7091-1339-4 (Due: November 30, 2013)
- Tchalakov I., Borisova V., Keskinova D., etc: 2007. Economic Contribution of Copyright and related rights-based Industries to the Bulgarian Economy, Sofia. (Publication in Bulgarian - Икономически принос на творческите индустрии в България).
Scientific applied projects:
- 1999 - 2001, TACTICS: Telematics and Telecommunications Industry Comparative Study", European Commission DG XII, INCO – COPERNICUS.
- 2002 - 2003, Business Networks and Strategic Alliances in the Global Information Sector, University of Surrey, UK.
- 2003 - 2004, System for Informational Support of the Educational Process, University of Plovdiv.
- 2003 - 2004, A Comparative Study of English Language Education in Bulgarian, , CERGE-EI.
- 2004 - 2005, The Development of the Sociological Discipline in Bulgaria (1945-1989 year), Institute of Sociology, Bulgarian Academy of Science (BAS), BG.
- 2004 - 2005, Clusters, Networks and Local Economic Development in the South East England, University of Surrey, UK.
- 2005, Strategic Management of Clusters: an Examination of the Electrical Equipment and Component Manufacturing Cluster in the Zhe Jiang Province in China, University of Surrey, UK.
- 2005 - 2007, Establishing an international network of health technology clusters: South East of England, UK and Emilia Romagna, Italy, Part funded by the European Union – European Regional Development Fund INTERREG IIIC, Regional Framework Operation.
- 2006, Assessment of the Implementation of the Reform of the Legal System in Bulgaria, and the Development of a New Judiciary Law, Ministry of Justice, BG.
- 2006, Assessment of the Activities for the Effective Implementation of the Administrative Practice Law, and the Adoption of a New Law for Administrative Deviations and Justice, Ministry of Justice, BG.
- 2006, Assessment of the Activities for the Effective Implementation of the Punishment Law, Ministry of Justice, BG.
- 2006 - 2007, Economic Contribution of the Copyright Industries in Bulgaria, World Intellectual Property Organization (WIPO) and Ministry of Culture of the Republic of Bulgaria.
- 2007, Mapping of the Creative Industry in Bulgaria, Ministry of Culture of the Republic of Bulgaria.
- 2007, Blog Analysis of European Healthcare & European Pharmaceuticals, South East Health Technologies Alliance (SEHTA), UK.
- 2007 – 2008, English Studies in Higher Education in Non-Anglophone Contexts: East Europe (BG), British Academy and the Leverhulme Trust.
- 2007 - 2009, A Topological Approach to Cultural Dynamics (ATACD), 2007, The 6th Framework Programme of the European Union.
- 2008, Mapping of Health Technology Cluster in the Greater South East, South East Health Technologies Alliance (SEHTA), UK.
- 2010, Compliance Project, University of Surrey, UK
- 2010-2011, National Strategy for Development of Creative Industries, Ministry of Culture of the Republic of Bulgaria.
- 2011, Structuring of Business and Management Science Field in the UK and the Role of Institutions, University of Surrey, UK
- 2012, Ex ante evaluation of the National Development Programme: Bulgaria 2020, Council of Ministers, BG
- 2013, Ex ante evaluation of the Partnership of the Republic of Bulgaria, outlining using the Common Strategic Framework for 2014-2020, Council of Ministers, BG
- 2013, Prospects for English Studies in India, Open University, Milton Keynes, UK
Graduates and PhD
Participation in scientific forums:
- Emerging Industrial Clusters in the Global Information Sector, (with Emanuela Todeva and David Knoke), presented at the 8th Annual Organisation Science Winter Conference 2002 ‘Emerging Industries and Locales', Steamboat Springs, Colorado, USA, 7-10 February 2002.
- The Application of Cluster Analysis and Multiple Correspondence Analysis in mapping the competition in the Telecommunication Sector (with Emanuela Todeva), Keynote Presentations at the Workshop "Clusters, Networks & Alliances in the Telecommunication Sector", University of Surrey, School of Management, UK, 11 June 2003.
- Emerging Industrial Clusters in the Global Information Sector, (with Emanuela Todeva and David Knoke), presented at the Annual European Network of Industrial Policy (EUNIP) conference, Porto, Portugal, 18-20 September 2003.
- Blurring the Boundaries: Industrial Clusters in the Global Information Sector, (with Emanuela Todeva and David Knoke), presented at the 4th World Congress on Proximity Measurement, Marseille, France, 17-18 June 2004 .
- Clusters of Competencies in the Global Information Sector, (with Emanuela Todeva and David Knoke), presented at the Applications of Social Network Analysis Conference, Zurich, 20–21 October 2005.
- Network analyse: Nature and Possibilities in Application of Surgical Dental Treatment, (with Vladimirov, S. and Mancorova, N.), presented at the Conference of Faculty of Dental Medicine and Medical University, Plovdiv, Bulgaria, 10-11 November 2005.
- Empirical Investigation of the Blog space: the Case of European Pharmaceuticals, (with Emanuela Todeva), Presented at The 2nd International Conference on Knowledge Generation, Communication and Management (KGCM), Orlando, Florida, USA, 29 June – 02 July 2008.
- Pharmaceutical Blogging and On-line Distribution of Information, (with Emanuela Todeva), presented at the 42nd Hawaii International Conference on System Science, Waikoloa, Hawaii, USA, 05-08 January 2009.
- Stacked Networks Approach in Modeling Sociological Agents as Combination of Non-Determined Stochastic Automata (with Ivan Tchalakov and Peter Kopanov), presented at the ATACD Conference Changing Cultures: Cultures of Change, University of Barcelona, Barcelona, Spain, 10-12 December 2009.